Construction of a floating dock
The West Brittany Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry tasked the Charier Civil Engineering teams with the construction and installation of a floating dock for shallow draft fishing vessels at the port of Le Conquet.
- Client: West Brittany Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Prime contractor: Artelia V&T
- Duration: June 2018 > August 2018
- Amount: €588,642 inclusive of tax
Distinctive features and constraints
- Drilling and placing piles using the Dinardaise method, a patented Charier technique
- Towing by sea
Description of the works
- Supply, tracking by driving and drilling 2 D 914 piles, 16 m and 19 m long, with the aid of a vibratory driver, a hydraulic breaker and a tilting drill mast on a floating dock.
- Charier patented this so-called "Dinardaise" system of drilling.
- Construction of a sinking basin of about 120 m3 under the footprint of the dock
- Construction of an abutment block on micropiles
- Precasting of a heavy dock of 25.00 m x 4; 80 m x 1; 75 m. It is composed of 160 m3 of polystyrene and 50 m3 of reinforced concrete.
- Dock launched by the 400-ton boat lift of Concarneau.
- Towing and anchoring in Le Conquet.
- Installation of the footbridge by our co-contractor Atlantic Marine.
- Finally balancing (sand in ballast boxes) once all the loads applied on the dock.